Job Title: Research Associate
Founded in 2015, Quick Biology, Inc. (www.quickbiology.com) is a startup in Pasadena, California specialized in providing next-generation sequencing (NGS) services, NGS clinical diagnostics, and assay development. NGS allows us to sequence DNA and RNA much more quickly and at lower costs than the previously used Sanger sequencing. It has revolutionized a variety of research areas such as Genomics, Transcriptomics, and Epigenomics. Quick Biology is a professional NGS service provider and is committed to providing the best value to our customers.
To further our goals of providing DNA and RNA sequencing, we are seeking a Research Associate to perform sample preparation, RNA/DNA extraction, QC/QA duties, sequencing library construction, and Illumina NextSeq, Hiseq and NovaSeq sequencer operations in our sequencing team. The candidate will perform next-generation sequencing using the Illumina platform. The successful candidate should be able to work independently to conduct laboratory experiments on NGS projects within well-defined guidelines. The ability to independently design and execute SOPs to meet project goals is essential.
Specifically, the Research Associate will perform the following duties:
- - Work with our professional team to provide NGS services to clients while ensuring fast and accurate results using our DNA/RNA sequencing systems.
- - Perform library preparations for Low-input & Single Cell RNA-seq, whole genome seq, Exome seq, RNA seq, ChIP seq, WGBS, and ATAC-seq.
- - Conduct client-driven NGS research studies and scientific analysis and support clients for whom the studies are being performed.
- - Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment including Thermocycler, Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Centrifuge, NucleoCounter, Covaris Focused-ultrasonicator, and qPCR machine.
- - Extract DNA and RNA from bacteria, plant, blood, saliva, cell line and tissue samples.
- - Perform quality control for DNA/RNA samples and library products.
- - Optimize experimental procedures and propose new methods to solve clients’ difficulties.
- - Collaborate with Fulgent, another sequencing company in Los Angeles, to provide full-scale sequencing service to all clients.
- Master of Science in Biology;
- Highly skilled at:
- - Analyzing biological samples;
- - Handling hazardous substances and performing experiments in wet lab settings;
- - Using Perl and Linux to analyze sequence data;
Apply to Quick Biology Inc., c/o Eric Liao, 2265 E. Foothill Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107.